Hey everyone, it’s your friendly neighbourhood, TechnoMedia web developer and today I’m going explain SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It’s actually a lot of fun when you understand how it works. So here we go!
We all want to be on top of Google search results, right? But great search results takes work and don’t happen overnight. There is no way to guarantee search rankings, but not to worry! I’m going explain a little bit about what you can do to rank higher in Google search results.
Two Parts to SEO: On-Page SEO & Off-Page SEO
Things you can do to your web pages to help Google find them.
The first and most important thing is always quality content. Always keep the User in mind and give them a quality experience on your website to keep them coming back.
1. Start with the Focus keyphrase
What is your page about? Think in terms of what the user would enter in a Google Search to get them to this page on your website.
Please note that a single key “word” is too vague and not going to get you results.
2. Next add/edit the Title, Slug, and Meta Description
Think in terms of writing in a way that provokes the user to click it. For example, Which would you click?
“Google Search Results” or
“How To Rank Higher in Google Search Results”
Below each section there will be a bar that is either red, orange or green. This shows you whether you have too much, too little or the perfect amount of text in each section.
3. Check out the Analysis section
After you enter your Focus Keyphrase, a list of action items will appear in the Analysis section. Make improvements based on those items. As you make these changes, the dots should change from red to orange to green. Your goal is to get as many green dots as you can while staying true to your “quality content”.
Remember to Update the page to see the latest page analysis.
4. The Snippet Preview
This shows you how your page will look in Google Searches.
Eventually, when Google crawls your website, your new SEO Title and Meta Description will appear in Google Search Results. Or contact us and we will re-submit your website to Google which will expedite the process.
This is simple. Create links within your own website. Choose good anchor text terminology that will show Google your site is relevant. For example: Click here for more search engine optimization information! Choosing “Click here” as your link text, or ‘anchor’ text, wouldn’t tell Google much, but choosing “search engine optimization information” as your anchor text would tell Google your website was relevant to this query.
Do you have a blog? We can install a related link plugin on websites with blogs. At the bottom of posts there will be 3 to 5 related blog posts to create more internal linking and keep people on your website. Love that!
Always keep your website content fresh. Just like the kid who raises her hand in class gets called on, if your website is active it will get Google’s attention.
Link building from good, reputable websites, will drive your site up the search rankings. Google is smart and knows when a site is legit or spamming link schemers. But you won’t have to worry about that because you are only putting out quality, user-focused content that people want, right?
Here are a few ideas for off-page link building:
- Write blog posts, create content on a consistent basis, include internal and external links, guest blog, leave comments on other peoples’ blogs, and online articles such as news sites, etc.
- Create profiles on different, relevant online communities.
- Use social media to drive traffic to your website. Make sure you are not just posting on social media, but paste the link to your website to drive traffic there.
- Put out press releases.
- Get your site on industry directories.
- Create a contest, participants have to write and link to you from their blog.
- Ask people you know to link to your site.
- Use email signatures with a link to your website.
- Embed a Google Map on your contact page.
- Sign up for other Google products including Google My Business
TechnoMedia offers both On-Page and Off-Page SEO services. Need SEO? Let us know.